CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - There are new developments this afternoon in the case of a missing woman in Johnson City.
Police say Vonda Donaldson has not been seen or heard from since attending a wedding on Saturday. We found out she was reported missing after she failed to pick up her children.
Police were searching for her body near the Butler Bridge in Carter County Tuesday afternoon.
Johnson City Police do not believe she will be found alive.
Captain Mike Street says new information this morning led them to begin searching in Carter County. Carter County sheriff Chris Mathes says his officers began searching the area around 11.
Donaldson's boyfriend is in custody on an unrelated probation violation, but officers say they have spoke with him about the investigation and he is cooperating.
Police tell us they're treating Donaldson's disappearance as suspicious and foul play could be involved.
If you know where to find Vonda Donaldson, contact the Johnson City Police Department at (423) 434-6158.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment