CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - There are new developments this afternoon in the case of a missing woman in Johnson City.
Police say Vonda Donaldson has not been seen or heard from since attending a wedding on Saturday. We found out she was reported missing after she failed to pick up her children.
Police were searching for her body near the Butler Bridge in Carter County Tuesday afternoon.
Johnson City Police do not believe she will be found alive.
Captain Mike Street says new information this morning led them to begin searching in Carter County. Carter County sheriff Chris Mathes says his officers began searching the area around 11.
Donaldson's boyfriend is in custody on an unrelated probation violation, but officers say they have spoke with him about the investigation and he is cooperating.
Police tell us they're treating Donaldson's disappearance as suspicious and foul play could be involved.
If you know where to find Vonda Donaldson, contact the Johnson City Police Department at (423) 434-6158.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record