JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City woman is charged with theft over $1,000.
Valerie Hyatt was charged after an investigation by Johnson City Police.
They say a victim complained Hyatt was creating fake returns and pocketing cash at her business.
Hyatt was taken to the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center. She is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport