JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Charges are pending against a man police say used a truck to run into another vehicle, ran from police and was eventually tased by police.
Johnson City Police say Thomas Branscom ran a pickup truck into a smaller vehicle before running behind a building to hide from police.
Police say Branscom started throwing things at the officers and charged one with a large stick. That's when, police say, they tased him.
Branscom was admitted to the Johnson City Medical Center for an evaluation.
He later admitted to taking a large amount of drugs.
- Kingsport police searching for five sex offenders
- Updated Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- New ACC moves its championship game to Orlando
- Updated Volvo recalls 44K vehicles; leak can cause air bag problem
- New Fundraiser and concert to be held for John Battle coach who has brain cancer