JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Charges are pending against a man police say used a truck to run into another vehicle, ran from police and was eventually tased by police.
Johnson City Police say Thomas Branscom ran a pickup truck into a smaller vehicle before running behind a building to hide from police.
Police say Branscom started throwing things at the officers and charged one with a large stick. That's when, police say, they tased him.
Branscom was admitted to the Johnson City Medical Center for an evaluation.
He later admitted to taking a large amount of drugs.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport