JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Charges are pending against a man police say used a truck to run into another vehicle, ran from police and was eventually tased by police.
Johnson City Police say Thomas Branscom ran a pickup truck into a smaller vehicle before running behind a building to hide from police.
Police say Branscom started throwing things at the officers and charged one with a large stick. That's when, police say, they tased him.
Branscom was admitted to the Johnson City Medical Center for an evaluation.
He later admitted to taking a large amount of drugs.
- Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development