JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man presented a marriage certificate to visit someone in a detention center but police say he's now facing charges because the certificate was fake.
According to Johnson City Police, Robert Hicks is charged with criminal simulation after presenting the certificate last week.
Police say he wanted to visit an inmate in the detention center. News 5 learned he is now being held in the Washington County Detention Center himself under a $10,000 bond.
He is scheduled to appear in Washington County General Sessions Court on Wednesday at 1:30 a.m.
- New Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- New Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31