JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man presented a marriage certificate to visit someone in a detention center but police say he's now facing charges because the certificate was fake.
According to Johnson City Police, Robert Hicks is charged with criminal simulation after presenting the certificate last week.
Police say he wanted to visit an inmate in the detention center. News 5 learned he is now being held in the Washington County Detention Center himself under a $10,000 bond.
He is scheduled to appear in Washington County General Sessions Court on Wednesday at 1:30 a.m.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone