JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing an attempted murder charge after police say he was accused of injecting a family member with an unknown quantity of medicine.
Lee Renfro is charged with one count of attempted first degree murder.
Police tell us after an investigation they found Renfro allegedly injected Martha Renfro with an unknown quantity of medicine.
Police say the victim had been treated for an unknown condition that required her to be hospitalized on three different occasions.
Lee Renfro will be in court Friday.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon