JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man will soon face his fifth DUI charge as well as drug offenses in court.
Police say 49-year-old Jeffery Dalton was arrested Tuesday after they pulled him over on Hamilton Avenue.
Officers say they saw Dalton try to hide a glass pipe by throwing it into the floor of his car. Police say during a search of the car, they found several ounces of marijuana and crack cocaine, as well as open vodka bottles.
Dalton is now charged with DUI and felony possession of narcotics with intent to resale.
He's being held in the Washington County Detention Center without bond. His court appearance is set for Thursday.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport