JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man will soon face his fifth DUI charge as well as drug offenses in court.
Police say 49-year-old Jeffery Dalton was arrested Tuesday after they pulled him over on Hamilton Avenue.
Officers say they saw Dalton try to hide a glass pipe by throwing it into the floor of his car. Police say during a search of the car, they found several ounces of marijuana and crack cocaine, as well as open vodka bottles.
Dalton is now charged with DUI and felony possession of narcotics with intent to resale.
He's being held in the Washington County Detention Center without bond. His court appearance is set for Thursday.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane