JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man will soon face his fifth DUI charge as well as drug offenses in court.
Police say 49-year-old Jeffery Dalton was arrested Tuesday after they pulled him over on Hamilton Avenue.
Officers say they saw Dalton try to hide a glass pipe by throwing it into the floor of his car. Police say during a search of the car, they found several ounces of marijuana and crack cocaine, as well as open vodka bottles.
Dalton is now charged with DUI and felony possession of narcotics with intent to resale.
He's being held in the Washington County Detention Center without bond. His court appearance is set for Thursday.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project