Police have charged five men following a report of the suspects invading a Johnson City home with guns drawn at a house cleaner.
Estevenico Chandler, 20, Brian Nolbert, 19, Ashandre Stewart, 20, and Raymond Woods, 20, all of Knoxville, and, Lavelle Scott, 21, of Johnson City, are all charged with aggravated robbery and false imprisonment, the report said.
The female victim said the men entered the home located in the 800 block of East Unaka Avenue and forced her into a room while two other men held her at gunpoint while the remaining suspects ransacked the house and took property, police said.
Witnesses were able to give a description of the getaway vehicle which police spotted at the Mall at Johnson City. Four suspects got out and ran from the vehicle as officers tried to perform a traffic stop but were apprehended. The fifth suspect crashed the car on North Roan Street and was then captured, according to investigators.
All five men were scheduled to be arraigned on Sessions Court in Jonesborough on Tuesday.
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School