JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man faces charges after police say he was driving under the influence with children in his car.
Police tell us around 5:00am Sunday morning they stopped Jean Carlo Lopez for a license plate violation on Swadley Road. Officers say Lopez sped away and ran through a stop sign.
Police tell us they were able to pull Lopez out of the car after a short chase. We're told he had a strong smell of alcohol coming off of him.
Police say there were four other people in the car. Two of them were children ages 1 and 3. We're told they were sitting in their mother's lap.
Lopez is charged with DUI/Child Endangerment, Driving on Suspended License, 2 counts of Reckless Endangerment, Failure to Illuminate Plates, and Stop Sign Violation.
- New Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- Updated School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing