JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man faces charges after police say he was driving under the influence with children in his car.
Police tell us around 5:00am Sunday morning they stopped Jean Carlo Lopez for a license plate violation on Swadley Road. Officers say Lopez sped away and ran through a stop sign.
Police tell us they were able to pull Lopez out of the car after a short chase. We're told he had a strong smell of alcohol coming off of him.
Police say there were four other people in the car. Two of them were children ages 1 and 3. We're told they were sitting in their mother's lap.
Lopez is charged with DUI/Child Endangerment, Driving on Suspended License, 2 counts of Reckless Endangerment, Failure to Illuminate Plates, and Stop Sign Violation.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane