JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Jonesborough woman is facing drug charges after police say they found drugs in her purse.
Johnson City Police tell News 5 they were responding to a welfare check at a home on Winter Street around 12:30 Saturday morning. While in the home police say they found a purse belonging to 40-year-old Marcia Ferrell.
We're told when they searched her purse. they found a substance believed to be crack cocaine, along with a smoking pipe.
Marcia Ferrell was arrested and charged with schedule II Drug Violations and Unlawful Drug Paraphernalia.
- Updated UPDATE: ETSU issues statement on student intimidating Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New ETSU student charged with intimidation for gorilla mask act at Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Buchanan County holds highest unemployment rate in Virginia
- Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker