JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Jonesborough woman is facing drug charges after police say they found drugs in her purse.
Johnson City Police tell News 5 they were responding to a welfare check at a home on Winter Street around 12:30 Saturday morning. While in the home police say they found a purse belonging to 40-year-old Marcia Ferrell.
We're told when they searched her purse. they found a substance believed to be crack cocaine, along with a smoking pipe.
Marcia Ferrell was arrested and charged with schedule II Drug Violations and Unlawful Drug Paraphernalia.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator