JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Jonesborough woman is facing drug charges after police say they found drugs in her purse.
Johnson City Police tell News 5 they were responding to a welfare check at a home on Winter Street around 12:30 Saturday morning. While in the home police say they found a purse belonging to 40-year-old Marcia Ferrell.
We're told when they searched her purse. they found a substance believed to be crack cocaine, along with a smoking pipe.
Marcia Ferrell was arrested and charged with schedule II Drug Violations and Unlawful Drug Paraphernalia.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day