JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man faces charges after police say they found drugs in his car at a safety checkpoint.
Police tell us they stopped 19-year-old Shea Sanabria at seat belt safety checkpoint Saturday morning. Officers say they smelled marijuana coming from his car.
Police tell us they found 62 grams of marijuana, four oxycodone pills, a metal grinder, a digital scale and $618 in cash.
Shea Sanabria is charged with seat belt violation, simple possession of a schedule II controlled substance, unlawful drug paraphernalia and possession of a schedule VI controlled substance for resale.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City