JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The investigation continues after the body of a missing Johnson City teen is found.
According to Johnson City Police 19-year-old Jaremy Taylor Kazen was last seen on February 7 leaving a party at the Plymouth Ridge Apartments.
Saturday, officers were called to the apartments when a resident saw something suspicious floating in the pond. The Washington County, Tennessee dive team says they were able to recover Kazen's body from the pond.
Police tell us they are still trying to piece together what happened. "Right now nothing that we have uncovered shows there is any suspicion of foul play. Right now we're just waiting on the autopsy results to kind of lead us in which direction we need to go to next," says Sgt. Kevin Peters.
Sgt. Peters tells us the autopsy was conducted Monday morning and they are waiting on the results.
- Updated Highway 421 to reopen Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Updated Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Report: Presidential Debate captures 80.9 million viewers
- Bluff City tagged with $25,000 fine from state for sewer violation
- Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court