JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A church burglary was stopped in progress, and now a man is facing charges.
David J. Bell and charged him with two counts of aggravated burglary and possession of burglary tools.
Officers were called to Grandview Christian Church in Johnson City just after midnight after a person staying at the church called 911 when he confronted a burglar.
When police got there, officers spotted a man running from the scene. They stopped him and search his backpack, where they say they found a pry bar, wire cutters, and a multi-tool hammer.
We're told he also had a garage door opener, multiple DVDs, and other items.
Officers found the address where the garage door opener belonged, and say there were pry marks to the side door of the garage.
The homeowner was able to identify some of the items Bell had in his bag.
- Updated UPDATE: Greene Co. Sheriff says missing teen could be in N.C.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Baby makes three Abingdon women in same family born on same day
- Updated UPDATE: Southern Conference to keep championship games in N.C.
- Save the Peeps: Workers of famous marshmallows end strike