JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Police say a witness helped to find a man suspected of robbery.
Police tell News 5 Joshua Gergish was arrested Thursday night. They say he's accused of robbing a person outside of the Discount Tobacco Outlet on West Market Street.
The alleged victim says Gergish pulled out a knife and demanded money. Police say he ran after getting $303. An eyewitness called police and named Gergish as the suspect.
Police say after a brief pursuit near his home, Gergish was arrested and charged with aggravated robbery, evading arrest and simple possession.
Gergish was taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where his bond was set at $52,000. He's expected to be in court Monday afternoon.
- Updated US internet disrupted as key firm gets hit by cyberattack
- Updated Pulse Nightclub gates open for unveiling of new memorial
- Early Friday fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Is the election stressing you out? You're not alone.