JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Police say a witness helped to find a man suspected of robbery.
Police tell News 5 Joshua Gergish was arrested Thursday night. They say he's accused of robbing a person outside of the Discount Tobacco Outlet on West Market Street.
The alleged victim says Gergish pulled out a knife and demanded money. Police say he ran after getting $303. An eyewitness called police and named Gergish as the suspect.
Police say after a brief pursuit near his home, Gergish was arrested and charged with aggravated robbery, evading arrest and simple possession.
Gergish was taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where his bond was set at $52,000. He's expected to be in court Monday afternoon.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator