JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Police say a witness helped to find a man suspected of robbery.
Police tell News 5 Joshua Gergish was arrested Thursday night. They say he's accused of robbing a person outside of the Discount Tobacco Outlet on West Market Street.
The alleged victim says Gergish pulled out a knife and demanded money. Police say he ran after getting $303. An eyewitness called police and named Gergish as the suspect.
Police say after a brief pursuit near his home, Gergish was arrested and charged with aggravated robbery, evading arrest and simple possession.
Gergish was taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where his bond was set at $52,000. He's expected to be in court Monday afternoon.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone