WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - UPDATE 4:55 p.m.: The court hearing is being reset a Johnson City pharmacist suspected of injecting his wife with diabetic medication she was not prescribed.
Lee Scott Renfro was in court Wednesday in Jonesborough for a preliminary hearing. He's accused of trying to kill his wife.
We're told a witness was not able to make it to court, so the case was reset for Monday.
We will bring you the facts on that case when it picks back up.
It's a story that sounds more like a made-for-TV movie, and it's playing out in a courtroom in Washington County, Tennessee.
Lee Scott Renfro is a pharmacist who is accused of trying to kill his wife.
Police say Renfro tried to kill his wife by injecting her with a diabetic medication that was not prescribed to her.
Renfro is scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing at 1:30 Wednesday afternoon.
We will bring you more information as it's available.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport