JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Construction on State Route 36 in Johnson City will shut down the road Friday night through the weekend.
Road crews are working on grading near Watertank Road in Boones Creek.
TDOT tells us crews will shut the highway to through traffic at 7:00 p.m. Friday it will remain closed until Monday.
Detours have been set up in the area and signs are up along the road to help drivers find their way around.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game