JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Construction on State Route 36 in Johnson City will shut down the road Friday night through the weekend.
Road crews are working on grading near Watertank Road in Boones Creek.
TDOT tells us crews will shut the highway to through traffic at 7:00 p.m. Friday it will remain closed until Monday.
Detours have been set up in the area and signs are up along the road to help drivers find their way around.
- Updated UPDATE: Kingsport Police arrest murder suspect
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody