JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Police say a North Carolina man sold drugs to a detective and that landed him in the detention center.
Police tell us they arrested 24-year-old Devin Hunter, of Greensboro, North Carolina, Thursday after police say, he sold crack cocaine to an undercover detective.
Hunter was arrested and taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where officers there say they found more crack cocaine hunter had hidden internally. Hunter is now charged with the sale of crack cocaine, possession of crack cocaine with intent to distribute, introduction of contraband into a penal facility, and violation of the drug free school zone law.
He's expected to be arraigned in Washington County court Friday.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction