No swimming at the Freedom Hall pool this summer as renovations take place.
The pool room was built along with Freedom Hall in the mid 1970's.
Now workers are replacing the deck around the pool and painting the ceiling. The painting will require scaffolding be built where the pool is and the water will have to be drained.
"There's no lift that we can get in this enclosed space to get workers safely up to the ceiling, so we'll build that scaffolding to keep them safe," Recreation Services Manager for Johnson City Parks and Rec. Sam Miller said.
All swimming sessions will be held at the pool at the Memorial Park Community Center until the work is done at Freedom Hall.
- School board facing time, money constraints to renovate Jonesborough school
- RECALL ALERT: Driving with defects
- Coal spill cleanup underway
- NEW DETAILS: Law enforcement official could be witness in Sullivan Co. shooting investigation
- 9-year-old who wanted cards for 'last Christmas' succumbs to cancer