Investigators said foul play is not suspected in the death of a Johnson City whose body was found inside his home Friday morning.
The body of Claude Hardin, 53, was found just after 9 a.m. after witnesses arrived and saw the man through a window. Those people then forced entry into the home located on Plantation Drive and found him unresponsive and called authorities, according to a report from the Johnson City Police Department.
Officers and emergency personnel then secured the scene. The body was then sent to the William Jenkins Forensic Center for an autopsy. The investigation is ongoing.
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School