Three months after announcing the sale of its bearing division, officials with NN Inc. will be moving their corporate headquarters from Johnson City to Charlotte.
Friday's announcement included comments from NN President and CEO Richard Holder who said the relocation aligns his company with their strategy of building a diversified industrial business by being closer to customers and ensuring greater collaboration between business units.
In July, the company completed a $375 million transaction with the Tsubaki Nakashima company. That included acquisition of NN's plants in Erwin and Mountain City.
NN will transition to North Carolina in early 2018 and will maintain a presence in Johnson City, the report said. The company operates a total of 33 manufacturing facilities worldwide.
- New Johnson City man arrested in connection to string of auto burglaries
- Suspect arrested after leading Washington County, VA deputies on a high speed chase
- The disappearance of Jessica Garino: a search for the truth
- All-star game at UVA Wise boosts local businesses
- Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down