JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Changes are going on at the old train station in downtown Johnson City.
Shannon Castillo with the Economic Development Council says developers are working on a new roof for the Tupelo Honey Café.
Castillo says builders and the Historic Zoning Commission will make sure the building looks like it did in the 1900s. She says they're keeping some of the windows and only replacing panes to make it look more historic.
Castillo says the restaurant is expected to open in spring 2014.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway