JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The Johnson City School Board voted 6 to 1 to approve the city's funding request for a new field house at Science Hill High School.
On Thursday, the Johnson City Commission accepted a bid for construction of the new field house.
The city commission wanted the school board step in and provide $400,000 dollars previously pledged out of its capital funding.
The field house will provide new dressing rooms, a meeting room, and new training and equipment rooms.
A construction start date has not been set.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment