JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Work on a new multi-generational recreation facility in Johnson City is running behind schedule, but officials say the project could be finished soon.
Assistant City Manager Charlie Stahl says the weather and problems with a sub-contractor caused the construction to get behind.
The new facility was supposed to be finished earlier this year. The building is almost entirely complete on the inside; the work is now centering on the outside.
They are expecting to move in later this month.
Another phase of the work on the grounds will not be complete until December.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day