JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Work on a new multi-generational recreation facility in Johnson City is running behind schedule, but officials say the project could be finished soon.
Assistant City Manager Charlie Stahl says the weather and problems with a sub-contractor caused the construction to get behind.
The new facility was supposed to be finished earlier this year. The building is almost entirely complete on the inside; the work is now centering on the outside.
They are expecting to move in later this month.
Another phase of the work on the grounds will not be complete until December.
- Updated UPDATE: ETSU issues statement on student intimidating Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New ETSU student charged with intimidation for gorilla mask act at Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Buchanan County holds highest unemployment rate in Virginia
- Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker