JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Work on a new multi-generational recreation facility in Johnson City is running behind schedule, but officials say the project could be finished soon.
Assistant City Manager Charlie Stahl says the weather and problems with a sub-contractor caused the construction to get behind.
The new facility was supposed to be finished earlier this year. The building is almost entirely complete on the inside; the work is now centering on the outside.
They are expecting to move in later this month.
Another phase of the work on the grounds will not be complete until December.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next