JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A local building that's been vacant for years will soon be full of life again, as a new business.
Developer Mitch Cox and Silverdale Partners GP now owns the former Traco window and door manufacturing plant on Silverdale Drive in Johnson City.
The building has been vacant since 2009, when Traco moved operations to Pittsburgh.
We've learned the building will be the headquarters for Mitch Cox Companies and Universal Companies.
Mitch Cox Companies plans to move into the new building in early 2015, while Universal Companies is expected to move in this fall.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator