JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A North Carolina developer has plans to make new apartments across from East Tennessee State University.
Charlotte, NC-based Monarch Ventures purchased land where the old Mullican factory currently stands across from ETSU's campus.
We talked to the company CEO and she tells us there are plans for a 576-bedroom facility she's calling 'luxury apartments'. We're told the apartments will include private bathrooms, walk-in closets, a fitness center and pool.
The goal is to have the new apartment complex open by fall 2014.
- Updated UPDATE: ETSU issues statement on student intimidating Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New ETSU student charged with intimidation for gorilla mask act at Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Buchanan County holds highest unemployment rate in Virginia
- Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker