JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - UPDATE: Johnson City Power Board spokesman Tim Whaley says about 140 customers remain without power, at 8:00 p.m. Sunday.
Johnson City Power Board crews are working to restore power to nearly 1,300 customers.
According to the Power Board Twitter Page, crews were dispatched to Knob Creek Road, marketplace Boulevard, Hanover Drive and Fairridge Road areas.
The Power Board tweeted that about 1,268 customers were without power Sunday evening.
Spokesman Tim Whaley says the outage is likely due to a car crash, in which a car damaged a utility pole.
No word on when power may be restored.
- Updated Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Updated Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School