JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - UPDATE: The murder trail for a man accused of stabbing another man in 2006 will not begin as scheduled.
Prosecutors said Friday morning jury selection was to begin Monday in the first degree murder trial of Poncho Delgado, but by Friday afternoon the trial had been delayed again.
The District Attorney's office asked for the delay.
Delgado's first trial ended in a mistrial in April of 2008 after the judge became ill.
The defense team tried to have the case dismissed on the grounds of double jeopardy but the judge denied it.
Delgado is charged with stabbing Robert Curtis to death in Johnson City back in 2006.
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial