JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - An investigation into a child's injuries led to charges against a mother.
According to Johnson City Police, Melissa G. Hyatt-Kendall is facing charges of child abuse and neglect.
Police say she took her child to Johnson City Medical Center last Wednesday and told the staff her child was injured. However, police say the child's injuries didn't align with her story.
The Department of Children Services was contacted due to the the medical center's protocol. That's when the police department was contacted.
Hyatt-Kendall is being held in the Washington County Detention Center. News 5 is told that investigation is ongoing.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City