JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - An investigation into a child's injuries led to charges against a mother.
According to Johnson City Police, Melissa G. Hyatt-Kendall is facing charges of child abuse and neglect.
Police say she took her child to Johnson City Medical Center last Wednesday and told the staff her child was injured. However, police say the child's injuries didn't align with her story.
The Department of Children Services was contacted due to the the medical center's protocol. That's when the police department was contacted.
Hyatt-Kendall is being held in the Washington County Detention Center. News 5 is told that investigation is ongoing.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane