JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - An investigation into a child's injuries led to charges against a mother.
According to Johnson City Police, Melissa G. Hyatt-Kendall is facing charges of child abuse and neglect.
Police say she took her child to Johnson City Medical Center last Wednesday and told the staff her child was injured. However, police say the child's injuries didn't align with her story.
The Department of Children Services was contacted due to the the medical center's protocol. That's when the police department was contacted.
Hyatt-Kendall is being held in the Washington County Detention Center. News 5 is told that investigation is ongoing.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial