JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - The man accused of shooting a local meteorologist now faces more charges.
Gerald Taylor is now facing perjury charges.
Prosecutors say Taylor lied to the court about his finances when he requested the public defender. The court initially appointed an attorney to represent him, but Taylor has since hired his own lawyer.
Police say Taylor broke into the home he once shared with WJHL meteorologist Rob Williams and assaulted him with a crossbow, then tried to shoot him with a pistol earlier this year.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway