JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - The man accused of shooting a local meteorologist now faces more charges.
Gerald Taylor is now facing perjury charges.
Prosecutors say Taylor lied to the court about his finances when he requested the public defender. The court initially appointed an attorney to represent him, but Taylor has since hired his own lawyer.
Police say Taylor broke into the home he once shared with WJHL meteorologist Rob Williams and assaulted him with a crossbow, then tried to shoot him with a pistol earlier this year.
- Updated ETSU student charged with intimidation for gorilla mask act at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Fire at old General Mills building now suspected as arson
- Updated Bays Mountain Dam turns 100 this year
- Updated Doctors more careful when prescribing antibiotics