JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - The man accused of shooting a local meteorologist now faces more charges.
Gerald Taylor is now facing perjury charges.
Prosecutors say Taylor lied to the court about his finances when he requested the public defender. The court initially appointed an attorney to represent him, but Taylor has since hired his own lawyer.
Police say Taylor broke into the home he once shared with WJHL meteorologist Rob Williams and assaulted him with a crossbow, then tried to shoot him with a pistol earlier this year.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane