JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - The man accused of shooting a local meteorologist now faces more charges.
Gerald Taylor is now facing perjury charges.
Prosecutors say Taylor lied to the court about his finances when he requested the public defender. The court initially appointed an attorney to represent him, but Taylor has since hired his own lawyer.
Police say Taylor broke into the home he once shared with WJHL meteorologist Rob Williams and assaulted him with a crossbow, then tried to shoot him with a pistol earlier this year.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day