JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A company trying to bring a methadone clinic to Johnson City is not granted approval by the state.
Wednesday, the Tennessee Health Services and Development Agency denied Tri-Cities Holdings a certificate of need required to open an opiate addiction treatment facility.
There is no word on why the certificate was denied but News 5 has learned many people were listed in opposition to the proposal including Johnson City officials, Congressman Phil Roe and several Johnson City residents.
- Updated Firefighters battle Scott County house fire
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim