JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A local cancer treatment center is closed after officials told us they did not receive financing needed to open under a new name.
McLeod Cancer and Blood Center, whose business manager recently pleaded guilty to receiving unapproved drugs, closed Monday.
Officials said they were denied bank loans to start a new business.
Former employees are now working to make sure all their patients are relocated to other treatment clinics in the region.
Officials are encouraging patients, especially those who are receiving chemotherapy treatment, to call or come by the office to pick up medical records and talk about a referral.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway