JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Nearly two decades in prison -- that's the sentence for a man following the shooting of a woman who police say was left for dead in a Johnson City park.
Eric Parker pleaded guilty to attempted first degree murder in connection with the shooting of the 27-year-old woman. Investigators found her at Lyon's Park in Johnson City in February 2012.
The woman was taken to the hospital in critical condition, but survived the shooting.
Parker was sentenced to 18 years in prison.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next