JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Nearly two decades in prison -- that's the sentence for a man following the shooting of a woman who police say was left for dead in a Johnson City park.
Eric Parker pleaded guilty to attempted first degree murder in connection with the shooting of the 27-year-old woman. Investigators found her at Lyon's Park in Johnson City in February 2012.
The woman was taken to the hospital in critical condition, but survived the shooting.
Parker was sentenced to 18 years in prison.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day