JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man is dead after being hit by a train in Johnson City.
According to the Johnson City Police Department, 50-year-old Lavern Wampler of Cherokee, Iowa died when he was hit by a CSX train near the Boys & Girls Club on West Market Street.
It happened Saturday night around 10:30.
We're told Wampler was staying in and around Johnson City dating back to 1999.
Police say they are still investigating, but foul play is not suspected.
- Updated ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Fire at old General Mills building now suspected as arson
- Updated Bays Mountain Dam turns 100 this year
- Updated Doctors more careful when prescribing antibiotics