JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man is dead after being hit by a train in Johnson City.
According to the Johnson City Police Department, 50-year-old Lavern Wampler of Cherokee, Iowa died when he was hit by a CSX train near the Boys & Girls Club on West Market Street.
It happened Saturday night around 10:30.
We're told Wampler was staying in and around Johnson City dating back to 1999.
Police say they are still investigating, but foul play is not suspected.
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- New Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy