JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man is dead after being hit by a train in Johnson City.
According to the Johnson City Police Department, 50-year-old Lavern Wampler of Cherokee, Iowa died when he was hit by a CSX train near the Boys & Girls Club on West Market Street.
It happened Saturday night around 10:30.
We're told Wampler was staying in and around Johnson City dating back to 1999.
Police say they are still investigating, but foul play is not suspected.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day