JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man is dead after being hit by a train in Johnson City.
According to the Johnson City Police Department, 50-year-old Lavern Wampler of Cherokee, Iowa died when he was hit by a CSX train near the Boys & Girls Club on West Market Street.
It happened Saturday night around 10:30.
We're told Wampler was staying in and around Johnson City dating back to 1999.
Police say they are still investigating, but foul play is not suspected.
- Updated Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Updated Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Updated Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome
- Updated Tropical Storm Hermine forms in the Gulf of Mexico
- New Trio accused of murder, burning body appear in court