JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man is dead after being hit by a train in Johnson City.
According to the Johnson City Police Department, 50-year-old Lavern Wampler of Cherokee, Iowa died when he was hit by a CSX train near the Boys & Girls Club on West Market Street.
It happened Saturday night around 10:30.
We're told Wampler was staying in and around Johnson City dating back to 1999.
Police say they are still investigating, but foul play is not suspected.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend