JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is charged with attempted aggravated arson after police say he tried to set someone's house on fire with gasoline.
Calvin Ball, Jr., 30, was arrested Wednesday morning. Police say after Ball had a fight with someone who lived at 1812 Mary Street, they say he left and returned to the home with a gas can.
Police say Ball is accused of dousing the sidewalk and house with gas but before he could light it, police say Ball's father arrived to stop him.
Ball was booked into the Washington County Jail on a $50,000 bond. He's scheduled to be arraigned this afternoon.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash