JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is charged with attempted aggravated arson after police say he tried to set someone's house on fire with gasoline.
Calvin Ball, Jr., 30, was arrested Wednesday morning. Police say after Ball had a fight with someone who lived at 1812 Mary Street, they say he left and returned to the home with a gas can.
Police say Ball is accused of dousing the sidewalk and house with gas but before he could light it, police say Ball's father arrived to stop him.
Ball was booked into the Washington County Jail on a $50,000 bond. He's scheduled to be arraigned this afternoon.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City