JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is charged with attempted aggravated arson after police say he tried to set someone's house on fire with gasoline.
Calvin Ball, Jr., 30, was arrested Wednesday morning. Police say after Ball had a fight with someone who lived at 1812 Mary Street, they say he left and returned to the home with a gas can.
Police say Ball is accused of dousing the sidewalk and house with gas but before he could light it, police say Ball's father arrived to stop him.
Ball was booked into the Washington County Jail on a $50,000 bond. He's scheduled to be arraigned this afternoon.
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood