JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing charges after officers say he strangled a woman with a power cord.
Johnson City police made the arrest after they completed an investigation into a domestic situation on May 29th. Officers were called to a home when a woman said Donny Bryant choked her with a power cord and broke her laptop computer during a domestic dispute. Authorities say Bryant left the scene before officers could get there. They then issued a warrant for his arrest.
Sunday, officers ran across Bryant as he was walking on South Beech Street and arrested him. He is in the Washington County Detention Center and is being held on a $60,000 bond.
He is charged with aggravated assault (domestic related) and felony vandalism.
- New Another step in the $50 million BVU - Sunset deal
- Heavy machinery stolen in Washington County, Tenn.
- Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate