JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Today, March 30th, Johnson City Police arrested Zachary Simms after they say he forged his car tags.
Officers found an unoccupied car at the Kroger Shopping Center on West State of Franklin Road and ran the tags. The result was a message of not on file.
Simms returned to his car later and explained he altered his tags to avoid the car getting repossessed.
He was placed under arrest and taken to the Washington County Detention Center and is being held on a $5,000 bond. He scheduled to be in court on March 31st.
Simms is charged with altering, falsifying, or forging evidences of title, assignments, or plates.
- New Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Boone Lake dam repairs will mean water level changes
- TVA investigates aquatic life near Boone Lake dam