JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man is behind bars after police say was waving a firearm in someone's front yard.
According to Johnson City Police, they got a call about a man waving a gun in front of house earlier today. Once officers arrived they say they saw 26-year-old Deehee Quewea. He then ran from police.
Police say Quewea tried to hide the handgun in a nearby vacant building.
When officers caught him they say the found marijuana on him.
Quewea is being charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, evading arrest, and drug charges.
He is expected in court on Monday.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Updated Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death