JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man is behind bars after police say was waving a firearm in someone's front yard.
According to Johnson City Police, they got a call about a man waving a gun in front of house earlier today. Once officers arrived they say they saw 26-year-old Deehee Quewea. He then ran from police.
Police say Quewea tried to hide the handgun in a nearby vacant building.
When officers caught him they say the found marijuana on him.
Quewea is being charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, evading arrest, and drug charges.
He is expected in court on Monday.
- New Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College
- New Volunteers needed to build home for family in Unicoi County
- Greene County Workhouse women's choir lifting spirits
- Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- YWCA helping girls get ready for prom