JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man was arrested after police say he allowed a small child to wander away from his home.
Johnson City officers arrested 21-year-old Jason Peters at his home just after noon Sunday.
Peters is charged with child abuse and neglect and unlawful drug paraphernalia.
According to police a child wandered out of his home.
When officers went to speak with peters they tell us they found drug paraphernalia and an open knife laying within the child's reach
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day