JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man was arrested and charged with his 20th offense of driving while his license is suspended.
Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff Ed Graybeal says deputies saw Robert Bowlin's Buick Century driving in the emergency lanes of Boones Creek Road near the intersection of Interstate 26.
Deputies say after stopping the car, they determined Bowlin was the driver.
Deputies say a check of his driving record showed Bowlin is an habitual offender with 19 previous convictions for driving on a revoked license.
Bowlin's bond was set at $6,000.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend