A Johnson City man pleaded guilty in a scheme to kidnap a judge's wife and a prosecutor's child.
According to The Johnson City Press, 34-year-old Shawn Allen Hughes pleaded guilty to two counts of solicitation to commit kidnapping and two counts of retaliation.
Prosecutors say his targets were Judge Robert Cupp's wife and Assistant D.A. Erin Macardle's children.
They believe he was angry about an aggravated rape case in 2011 that sentenced him to prison.
The say his plan was intercepted by detention officers in The Washington County, Tennessee Jail.
Prosecutors found out Hughes had already paid toward having the job done.
Hughes was sentenced to six years in prison.
- Updated Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Updated Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Updated Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome
- Updated Tropical Storm Hermine forms in the Gulf of Mexico
- New Trio accused of murder, burning body appear in court