A Johnson City man pleaded guilty in a scheme to kidnap a judge's wife and a prosecutor's child.
According to The Johnson City Press, 34-year-old Shawn Allen Hughes pleaded guilty to two counts of solicitation to commit kidnapping and two counts of retaliation.
Prosecutors say his targets were Judge Robert Cupp's wife and Assistant D.A. Erin Macardle's children.
They believe he was angry about an aggravated rape case in 2011 that sentenced him to prison.
The say his plan was intercepted by detention officers in The Washington County, Tennessee Jail.
Prosecutors found out Hughes had already paid toward having the job done.
Hughes was sentenced to six years in prison.
- Kingsport police investigating suspicious death on Bruce Street
- Bristol woman staying positive throughout MS diagnosis
- Greeneville Couple Accused of Trying to Sell A Child on Craigslist
- Indivisible Greene County rally brings out protestors rallying for unity
- Kingsport hosts annual Carousel Fine Craft Show