JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing theft charges after police say he stole a woman's purse.
Johnson City Police arrested and charged Jimmie Bennett with theft over $500.
According to police a woman told them someone had taken her purse from the back of a chair while she was in the restroom at Tipton Street Pub.
Police say the woman's phone, which was in the purse, had a tracking app and led them to Bennett's home.
We're told when police arrived Bennett claimed he found the purse and took it home for safe keeping.
He's expected to appear in court Monday afternoon.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death