JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - One man is dead and another has been charged with second-degree murder after a stabbing in Johnson City.
Matthew Dye, 19, is charged with second-degree murder. Police were called to the 200 block of East Maple Street just after 1 a.m. Wednesday.
Police found a 41-year-old man laying in the yard. Investigators say he was stabbed in the back. Medical crews pronounced him dead at the scene.
Police say the victim and Dye got into a fight, which led to the stabbing.
Officers say Dye ran from the scene, but they tracked him down. During the investigation, police say Dye confessed to the crime.
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School