JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man is facing charges after police say he purposely caused a car accident.
Johnson City Police tell us the wreck happened around 12:30 Sunday morning at the intersection of North Roan and Canary Streets.
Officers tell us 22-year-old William Raining of Banner Elk, North Carolina intentionally slammed on his brakes several times, causing the vehicle behind him to rear-end him.
Raining is charged with four counts of reckless endangerment.
We're told no one was injured in the incident.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction