JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Police say a Johnson City man suspected of a DUI ran from police.
Officers suspected 43-year-old Joseph B. Denney of driving under the influence Saturday night and tried to pull him over.
That's when police say Denney ran from police in his car, then got out and tried to escape on foot.
He was found and arrested a short time later.
The Johnson City Police Department has charged Denney with DUI 2nd offense, reckless endangerment, evading arrest, and driving on a revoked license (second offense).
He is being in the Washington County Detention center without bond. A bond hearing has been set for Monday
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all
- Tennessee voters encouraged to vote early