JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Police say a drug find during a traffic stop led to charges for a Jonesborough man.
30-year-old Cheyenne Calvin Lowery was pulled over Thursday for a problem with the light illuminating his license plate. Police say, during the stop, they found several baggies containing a leafy green substance.
Police determined the substance to be marijuana. They say Lowery had about 16.6 grams of the drug in the three bags.
Police tell News 5 they also found a digital scale, brass knuckles, and nearly a thousand dollars in cash.
Lowery is now facing several charges, including drug possession for resale, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of prohibited weapon and traffic offenses.
Lowery was arrested and taken to the Washington County Detention Center. His bond was set at $23,000. Lowery was scheduled to be arraigned in court on January 17.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death