JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Murfreesboro man is expected to be in court Thursday in connection with a home invasion in Johnson City.
Johnson City Police told News 5 it happened early Tuesday morning on Fairridge Road. A woman told police three men forced their way into her home, forced her to lie on the ground, and stole her property.
Police said their investigation led them to a home on Wilson Avenue, where they say several pieces of stolen property were located. Police said 23-year-old De Shawn Eugene Holt was inside that home when the property was found.
Holt was charged with aggravated burglary, aggravated robbery, and theft of property over $1,000. He was arrested and taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where his bond was set at $50,000.
Holt is scheduled to be arraigned in Washington County, Tennessee General Sessions Court Thursday at 9 a.m.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash