JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing burglary charges after being accused of stealing from cars.
Johnson City Police say they responded to the 600 block of Fall Street early Sunday morning after getting a call that three men were chasing another man in the area.
Once they arrived, police say they learned 18-year-old Marcus Wright had been chased down after the other three men say they saw him breaking into and stealing from one of their cars.
Police ay they found several stolen items inside a backpack he was carrying.
Marcus Wright is now charged with two counts of auto burglary. He is scheduled to be in court Monday.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting