JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing burglary charges after being accused of stealing from cars.
Johnson City Police say they responded to the 600 block of Fall Street early Sunday morning after getting a call that three men were chasing another man in the area.
Once they arrived, police say they learned 18-year-old Marcus Wright had been chased down after the other three men say they saw him breaking into and stealing from one of their cars.
Police ay they found several stolen items inside a backpack he was carrying.
Marcus Wright is now charged with two counts of auto burglary. He is scheduled to be in court Monday.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests