JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Police have accused a man of filling up a Walmart shopping cart and trying to leave the store without paying.
William Buchanan from Erwin was arrested after a shoplifting investigation at Walmart.
Police say Buchanan placed more than a thousand dollars worth of items into a cart and then tried to push it from the store.
He was stopped and arrested.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting