JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City police have arrested a man after they say he used a fraudulent check.
On December 10th, officers say Jerry Proffitt opened a bank acounty with Eastern Credit Union and deposited a check of more than $1,600 and withdrew $1,000. It was later found the check Proffitt deposited was fraudulent. After being contacted by the bank, police say he refused to give the money back. We're told Proffitt is being charged with theft over $1,000.
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood