JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City police have arrested a man after they say he used a fraudulent check.
On December 10th, officers say Jerry Proffitt opened a bank acounty with Eastern Credit Union and deposited a check of more than $1,600 and withdrew $1,000. It was later found the check Proffitt deposited was fraudulent. After being contacted by the bank, police say he refused to give the money back. We're told Proffitt is being charged with theft over $1,000.
- Johnson City Police cruisers damaged after hour-long car chase
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools