JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Kingsport man was charged with rape after a woman says she was attacked while walking along a Johnson City Street.
Johnson City police arrested 46-year-old Thomas Coburn early this morning.
A woman told officers that while walking home near the intersection of West Market Street and University Parkway around 4 a.m., she was attacked and sexually assaulted.
Officers say she was able to get away from the attacker and find help.
Police spotted Coburn running from the scene and they arrested him. He was booked into the Washington County Detention Center.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day