JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Kingsport man was charged with rape after a woman says she was attacked while walking along a Johnson City Street.
Johnson City police arrested 46-year-old Thomas Coburn early this morning.
A woman told officers that while walking home near the intersection of West Market Street and University Parkway around 4 a.m., she was attacked and sexually assaulted.
Officers say she was able to get away from the attacker and find help.
Police spotted Coburn running from the scene and they arrested him. He was booked into the Washington County Detention Center.
- Updated Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Retailers already looking ahead to Halloween
- Updated Kids given farm lessons at "Ag in the Classroom"
- New Animal Shelter Thrift Store in Johnson City closing in Dec