JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Kingsport man was charged with rape after a woman says she was attacked while walking along a Johnson City Street.
Johnson City police arrested 46-year-old Thomas Coburn early this morning.
A woman told officers that while walking home near the intersection of West Market Street and University Parkway around 4 a.m., she was attacked and sexually assaulted.
Officers say she was able to get away from the attacker and find help.
Police spotted Coburn running from the scene and they arrested him. He was booked into the Washington County Detention Center.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next