JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Kingsport man was charged with rape after a woman says she was attacked while walking along a Johnson City Street.
Johnson City police arrested 46-year-old Thomas Coburn early this morning.
A woman told officers that while walking home near the intersection of West Market Street and University Parkway around 4 a.m., she was attacked and sexually assaulted.
Officers say she was able to get away from the attacker and find help.
Police spotted Coburn running from the scene and they arrested him. He was booked into the Washington County Detention Center.
- Updated Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death