JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The Johnson City Police Department said they were called out to The Next Door club on Walnut Street around 12:22 a.m. Sunday for a stabbing.
Officer Michael Barron said police got a call from Sycamore Shoals Hospital about a man, 33-year old Jeremy Peters of Elizabethton, in the emergency room with cuts to his hands. The Peters told hospital employees that he had been involved in a stabbing in Johnson City.
Police said after talking with victims and witnesses, Peters was developed as a suspect.
According to the press release, a fight broke out after Peters offended the daughter of a subject working the door at Next Door. Police said the fight seemed to be over until several attempts were made to remove Peters from the premises. Peters ended up outside the club and another fight between him and the girl's father and a club employee occurred.
Police said during this altercation, three people were cut by Peters with a knife.
He was arrested and was charged with three counts of Aggravated Assault.
He is scheduled to appear in Washington County General Sessions Court for arraignment on November 26, 2012.
- Updated Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire